Country Manager Finland
About the Job
To drive our business in Finland, TCR is looking for a strong Country Manager for the newly established TCR Finland OY.
The position will provide effective leadership to the TCR Finland organization to ensure that the organization’s safety, customer, strategic and financial objectives are achieved.
This challenging role will contribute to the organization’s strategic objectives by developing the Finnish entity, targeting i.e. customer satisfaction, operational improvements, union and staff relations, safety as well as it will share best practice within the region and group. Included in the role will be to secure adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
Another focus will be to achieve full integration of the staff transferred from the current supplier into the TCR structure and systems, as well as into a committed, customer-oriented, hardworking culture where true effort will be acknowledged and rewarded.
The Country Manager will play a leading role in the relation with our customers in Finland and will combine his/her in-depth understanding of the business with his/her strong management experience and know-how. TCR Finland OY will be the working place for GSE experts, professionals and dedicated support staff.
Where you’ll create the most impact
OHSE & Quality Management:
- Ensuring adherence to local rules and regulations related to environment, safety and health.
- Making sure corporate HSE policies are followed when not in contradiction to local legislation.
- Update and monitoring of TCR’s deviation system and other Group systems.
- Evaluate and implement corrective actions in order to reach set goals.
Strategy and management:
- Consult with business partners to formulate, support, contribute in developing and executing strategies and programs within the region.
- Ensure alignment with the overall organization’s strategy including mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate strong leadership.
- Develop, resource and implement a business plan to achieve the target market penetration and produce a strategic plan over an agreed period of time at acceptable levels of return.
- Develop strong relations with the major customers to seek a high rate of retention.
- Monitor customer and competitor markets and re-act to and communicate such information to relevant personnel within TCR.
- Develop and maintain an organization in which empowerment, accountability and integrity are central pillars.
- Lead, motivate and drive a lean and performing team while introducing new staff to the TCR company culture and ensuring that we retain talented employees within TCR Finland OY.
- Organize and plan resources – keep adequate level of staff
- Set priorities and identify and address inefficiencies and shortages – monitor and follow-up on performance
- Manage employee relations practices necessary to maintain a positive employee-employer relationship and promoting a high level of employee commitment
- Ensure the overall well-being of employees: Facilitate a safe and productive working environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
- Overview budget, forecast and financial results
- Monitor revenue and expenses.
- Ensure that staff is timely updated to secure involvement and motivation.
- Manage union relations in order to maintain a sound and healthy long-term relation and develop the common understanding of means to secure workers employment safety
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to act as a strategic partner to organization-wide and regional leadership and management teams.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong interpersonal, persuasion and creative problems solving skills.
- Coaches and develops people: Evaluates skill gaps, provides guidance and positive models to help others develop, provides suggestions for improving performance, collaboratively creates development plans.
- Operates with integrity: Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner, adheres to ethical and professional standards, regulations, and organizational policies.
- Drives execution and results: Sets and achieves goals. Seeks to strike a healthy balance between seemingly conflicting objectives (e.g. cost vs. quality) without compromising the organization’s values.
- Takes independent action, analyses data and involves others in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Strong understanding of Finnish labour laws and employment legislation.
- Skilled in process and project management; ability to plan and implement operational processes and projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Change Management proficiency.
- Native Finnish speaker, fluent in English.
- Excellent communicator with ability to “partner up” with all different stakeholders.
- Formal degree is not a requirement - management experience from the industry will compensate.
- Several years of professional experience from large, preferably international, organizations.
- Several years of personnel as well as P/L responsibility.
- Management experience of app 10 years.
- Lengthy financial and economic experience
- Track record in people management in a hands-on environment.
- Experience in aviation/GSE business is a must
Contact Person: David Ervolder
Deadline date for application: 16/05/2021
Apply for this job